|Simple Tweak To Reduce Bounce Rate by Over 50%|
What is Bounce Rate ?
Common Methods to Decrease Bounce Rate (BR)
- Avoid PopUps: Popups are very annonying to many visitors and they close your site once they get a popup message from your blog.
- Internal Linking: It is indeed a great way to encourage your readers to open further links and ultimately lower your BR. Try to do interlink atleast 3 of your links in every post.
- Responsive Theme/Template: Use responsive templates that works well on all platforms and resolutions.
- Use Related Posts Widget/Plugin: Use such widgets to further encourage your readers to read more of your posts. We use LinkWithin blogger widget in our blogs
- Write Short Paragraphs: We are not saying to write less number of words but yes do write small paragraphs as many a times viewers feel lazy after seeing a long para and thus leave your blog which again lowers your BR.
- Improve Loading Time: This again is an important factor responsible for your high bounce rates. Increase your page load time by removing unnecessary third party widgets or plugins.
- Color and Font properties: Improve your site’s look by using attractive colors that would not look dizzy. Change your font size and style such that your content looks more readable and attractive. You can change your blogger font properties using this method.
- Search Box: Offer a search box to your readers that will again help them to find more content on your blog.
- Relevant Content: Always post relevant content on your blog. Off-topic posts will easily lead to increase in bounce rate.
- Show Popular posts: Make use of your sidebar effectively by showing a list of popular posts from your blog, research shows that every blog visitors looks for the most popular posts of a blog.
There is a special tweak for you that will lower your BR by 70% after this infographic.
Tweak to Lower Bounce Rate upto 60%
How to implement it on YOUR BLOG ?
This is how the original analytics code looks like:
1. Replace the above code with this code or the one given below
2. Or replace it with this code
CODE 1: It will count a visit as a bounce only if the site is closed under 10 seconds. It will disregard a visit as a bounce if the user scrolls the page. It means if the visitor scrolls your post but closes it under 10 seconds it will still NOT be treated as Bounce
CODE 2: This code will behave as the above code but without the scroll option.
Just Replace the XXXXXX with your analytics ID and save the changes. Our code will count the visits as bounce only if the visitor closes the site under 10 seconds. You can change the time as well by changing the value of “10000” to your required choice.
Note: 1000 = 1 Second
We recommend to set it at 15 seconds.
|Change seen after applying the tweak.|
|Old Bounce Rate|
|New Bounce Rate|