Hello Friends, First of all Belated Happy Valentines Day. Today in this post I will be revealing a secret behind making some large chunks of money with Event Based Blogs.
You might have heard about Niche blogs, but nowadays a new trend of Event Based Niche Blogs has started. This technique is being used by many clever bloggers, I feel that now its time for you to have success with it.
What is an Event Based Blog ?
Its quite simple, Event based blogs are the blogs focusing on any upcoming event (Like New year, Valentines day etc) which is specially celebrated all over the world. Its Simple, Create and rank a blog following all the steps and receive tons and tons of organic visits to your blog during the event. For example : One of my friend Imran Uddin (Founder of AllTechBuzz) created an Event based blog for “NEW YEAR 2014“. There can be many examples seen all over the place.
I think you all are now well aware of such type of blogs. My friend, who I mentioned about earlier made over 2000$ (yes you’ve read it right ) in just a week with his blog he created.
How To Get It Running ?
Now let me tell you the procedure of how to get started with one such blog. Its not very easy as it sounds but once you apply all steps properly then you’ll surely get success with it.
- Get a domain name related to the event –Make sure you purchase a domain name related to event you are blogging about.
For example: If you are making a blog on Valentines day itself then your Top Level Domain (TLD) must be like,
“Valetinesday2014.com” or “HappyValentinesDay2014.com” etc etc
There can be many such names chosen. What actually the benefit of this is that your site will be ranked First whenever someone searches for these keywords specially the exact keywords which are common to your domain name. So this is one part done into making a successful event based site.
- Post Title and Content- This is one the most important step that should be carefully followed. If you feel that just having the exact match domain name will take you top, then you’re completely wrong. You still have to consider about the content as well as the Title
Here are Some tips regarding your post
- Your post title should be selected keeping in mind of what people will search.
- Try to invovle the year in your post title ( REALLY HELPFUL )
- Don’t dissapoint readers by posting low quality content.
- Make sure to do Internal Linking within your posts.
Let me give you some examples of how the post and the title should look like. Try to make title as such people will search.
Example 1: Happy New Year Wallpapers 2014
Example 2: Valentines Day 2014 Sms
Example 3: Free HD New Year 2014 Wallpapers
I hope you understood this, now lets talk about the content. Creating content for such blogs is not at all a Difficult task. It’s quite easy, Like in most of some posts you will be needing many pictures ( Wallpapers, designs, Gift Cards, Gif Images etc). So its really easy to collect such images from different search engines or you can create it yourself. I will soon post about how to use pictures from different sites with full rights. But for that you have to wait, so better google it for now.
One more important thing, try to take your post count to around 20-40. It will take very less time in creating posts and if you create atleast 2 posts a day then you will reach the mark in just 15 days.
- Link Building: Now comes the part of link building, apply various techniques of building backlinks back to your blog. Share content on Social Sites and Directory submission sites as well.
Check this post to Get Niche Based Backlinks In No Time
- SEO: Make sure to do both OFF-Page as well as ON-Page SEO of your site. If you don’t know about it you can hire an expert for the work. We can also provide you SEO EXPERTS for this work.
- Monetization: The final part of your event based blog is to Monetize your site by Google Adsense (or any other of your choice). Try to follow all the rules of AdSense as no one would like to see a ban on it. If you don’t have AdSense and if you’re struggling to get one for yourself. Check our AdSense section or Contact us via our contact page.
Extra Tips to Ensure 100% Success
- Use Blogger Platform rather than WordPress as Blogger platform will help you rank your posts well on top and in no time.
- Start the work atleast 1 month before the Event.
- Try to run this in partnership with your friend.
- Make sure to Index every post using Google webmasters as well as other webmaster tools.
- Work with Dedication and don’t take it lightly as this topic is quite trending around the blogosphere.
- Atlast Sleep well on the Event night and have a good morning with $$$$ on your Adsense account as well as other affiliate account if you’ve set any.
We are deciding to make an event based blog in partnership with any of IFTISEO readers ( yes you). So if you are really interested, do contact us.
I hope I have explained you well about the topic. Please share this with your friends and other bloggers. We always appreciate your valuable comments. Happy blogging and Valentines Day.