Forrest Gump once said, “Stupid is as stupid does”. And if this quote holds any truth (which we think does 100%), then in today’s day and age being stupid about your content marketing plan is something you simply can’t afford. With simplification being the new mantra of today, ‘simple is as simple does’ is the new idiom of today. Simplicity is the where a deeper customer connection resides.
6 Simple Content Marketing Tips
Here are six such simple tips that you should be a part of your content marketing plan right away:
- Give your readers a behind-the-scenes glimpse of your organization: Yes, you read it right. Go ahead and apply the rules of theater to your content marketing. Think of all that your targeted audience would find interesting, and let the internal evangelists of your organizations bring your brand to life. A great complimentary way to add charm to your content, reveal a peek-a-boo of show-and-tell for audience in video, photographic, storytelling or any other format.
- Stop selling, rather find interesting ways/mediums of informing: Effective content marketing goes beyond making a sleazy, yawn-worthy sales pitch. The minute you start boasting about the features and specifies of your products, you are bound to bore your audience. We suggest spice the selling act by giving readers what they need and want. For instance, if you lend investments for small businesses, then you can get the right audience by proposing tips and tricks on cash flow management, specifically tailored towards small business owners.
- Listen, amplify, converse and connect to develop an audience. If you don’t listen to your customer’s inquiries, comments, suggestions and questions then you are killing a huge chunk of influencer reach on social media. Give them a patient ear and you can be certain of the fact that you would score a few notches up in the customer service department.
- Adopt a thought leadership approach: Establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry with the niche in producing high quality content. You can influence purchasing decisions through recommendations and not force selling!
- Link building and SEO should be your go-to route: Content marketing also leads to natural link popularity and generates more leads in business. Companies that have blogs and websites have 97 per cent more leads than companies that have none. Your site’s natural link popularity establishes a higher degree of authority for the brand and boost ratings of your Page Rank and SEO.
- Visual content is at an all-time high, and must be used as much as possible: A right content marketing approach when supported with a visual imagery makes for a fine balance, and needless to say a much more interesting read. And how can one deny the rise of social media websites, which focus solely on being an exclusive images platform. Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn all get the power of the picture. Instagram has 150 million monthly active users, and the percentage of online adults using Pinterest (15 percent) had almost caught up to the percentage using Twitter (16 percent).
Content has been used in marketing for years now, but with advent of the Internet and social media, the rules of creating content has changed entirely. And with content marketing costing 62% less when compared to traditional marketing, while generating about three times as many leads.
It is about time you get yourself enlightened about the latest content marketing strategies of 2015 (and 2016) by buying high quality content marketing study material and books at abebook.com. A great place to stock up on latest editions of books – a storehouse of knowledge to shape your marketing, branding, PR, SEO, customer and media relations initiatives.
Seeking some awesome discounts and deals while you’re at it? We suggest, check for some pocket-friendly deals and discounts for Books at ChameleonJohn – a place where you can get over 1,00,000 active coupons and deals. Happy saving (read shopping)!